To deliver a demand planning process that enables the sales function and the business to achieve to deliver its goals, strategies and measures.
1. To ensure timely and accurate Category Demand Plan based on clear assumptions, determined risks and opportunities, activities set, analysis of internal and external information and communication between company’s divisions and Management Team. To provide business with professional objective view of the challenge and realism inherent in demand plan. To lead preparation of 3-years Demand Plan. To measure sales forecast accuracy. To ensure link between volume and value plan.
2. To facilitate the Demand Management Review, represent Sales function. To provide an effective link between the supply side and the market side of the business.
3. Continue to develop demand planning mechanism according to the changes in business environment and new business procedures; implement new planning approaches to improve effectiveness of forecasting and market analysis. Lead development and deployment of improvements to demand planning driving up its accuracy by SKU, covering category demand plan and new activities. The role is accountable for providing insights and solutions to closing any gaps in Step 2 KPIs during each cycle and drive DPA accuracy.
4. Generate new models and update exiting models for different planning purposes (long term and ongoing sales forecasting, new product volume estimation, effect of price, distribution changes, etc.)
5. Provide the business with the demand plan for new products and other Marketing and Sales activities and support them with recommendations.
6. Carry out business performance analysis; determine risks and opportunities, sources of growth. Perform ad hoc and regular business analysis (Portfolio analysis, Regional growth opportunity analysis, Channel potential analysis, Post-launch, etc.) to support business decision making in order to influence the direction of further actions.
7. Ensure communication with Marketing, Supply and Sales to get all the information required for the demand planning. To ensure effective co-operation with Consumer Research associates in order to perform complex business and market analysis, offtake projection, market size estimates, macro-economic situation assessment. To support decision making by interpreting and communicating market audit data.
8. Accountable for the delivery of the planned budget for account planning, market planning and product supply coordination (including allocation of product between markets) and target efficiency improvements in this function ,ensuring value is added at minimum cost.
9. Train, develop and engage team of professional business planners and trade research analysts.